So you’re wondering what to do in South Wales?
Updated 9th June 2008: visit my Things to Do in South Wales page for even more ideas.
Here are a few of my ideas taken from my other site http://www.south-wales.info and updated.
- Visit Big Pit in Blaenavon.
- Go to Southerndown beach
- Visit Cardiff Bay and go on a boat trip around the bay, or a high-speed ride out on the Bristol Channel. Afterwards relax in one of the many bars or restaurants in the Bay area.
- Go to Merthyr Mawr near Bridgend and explore the sand dunes. Take a sledge or sand board for some good fun, though the sand needs to be damp for sledging to work. (P.S. the dunes were a location for the film Lawrence of Arabia. The dunes are that good!)
- Visit Cardiff Castle.
- Walk your dog around the quiet lanes of the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Go fossil collecting. See South Wales Fossils for more information.
- Visit Follyfarm. Great for the kids.
- Have a great day out at Oakwood Theme Park. Big rides and lots to do for the little ones as well.
- Visit Tenby. Lots of beaches. A great little harbour. Nice sea-side shops. Lots of attractions.
- Window shop, or even buy, in Cowbridge and end up for afternoon tea in the Bear Hotel.
- Go and see the Red Kites in Kite Country. Visit Gigrin Farm where you can see the Kites being fed.