The Met Office is forecasting some heavy snow for South Wales over the next few days.
You may find the following information useful if you’re travelling through, or around, South Wales:
- M4 motorway webcams can be found on the BBC here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/travel/trafficcams.shtml.
- A similar traffic-cam page for South West Wales can be found here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest/travel/trafficcams/
- The BBC also has a good summary page on the current situation on the national motorway network here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/local/motorways.shtml.
- There is also a local page listing all road closures and holdups in South East Wales here – http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/travel/pages/livetravel.shtml
- A useful map of how the snow is progressing across the country from reports from Twitter users – http://uksnowmap.com/
- A 30 minute update radar view of rain and snow from the Met Office – http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html
- BBC weather page for Cardiff – http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4
- Satellite views of the UK – http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html
- Cardiff Airport – live flight arrivals / departures for Cardiff airport.
- Wales Air Travel delays – http://twitter.com/#!/wandelayinfo
- Severn Bridge status – http://www.severnbridge.co.uk/bridge_status.shtml
- TravelLine Wales Twitter info – http://twitter.com/#!/TravelineTim